Thursday, November 22, 2012

Names names names



Where does the name "lost sheep" come from? It isn't from my serious ability to loose site of the sheep in down east sunshine (fog). Explanation...
Over planting garlic one day a new friend remarked how perfect it was that I wanted to be a sheep farmer and my name is Bo (as in, Little Bo Peep). Oh God. Why hadn't I thought of it before. The thought of having such a feminized interpretation of my name, complete with pink southern bell dress in the famous Toy Story, horrified me. Anywho I decided I must come to terms with this perfect coincidence and redefine it with the modern day version... complete with buzzed head...
"Little Bo Peep lost their sheep
And didn't know where to find them.
Leave them alone and they'll come home,
Wagging their tails behind them."

No comments:

Post a Comment