Friday, December 21, 2012

Selling out.

No, but really. I did. This week was a huge week at the spinnery- selling ALL spun skeins both to friends as well as to my first retail location (!!!) in my home town of Dedham, MA. I now really have to spin more. 
Here is a picture of the store where I am selling it. It is called Nest and is an awesome collective of 6 Dedham women bringing together local artists in the space for a gorgeous display of paintings, jewelry, linens, and a lot of other things. I am happy to be able to be a part of it. 


On display with artist Caroline (Alexander) Kaars Sypesteyn who does these black and white photo transfer prints. Their work can be seen here: http://www.berkshireartisanal.com/


That sheet underneath the wool is a dorky write up about my process as well as my history in farming and art.



Up close and personal on the turmeric and indigo dyed skeins!!


Exciting!!!!!
I feel so lucky to be able to sell in this space and to be honored as an artist- selling the skeins for a price that covers costs as well as helps me continue to do what I love.
I am now spinning coffee dyed and will be selling that next... and will be back in March to do a trunk show at the Dedham location! Real life. Selling out. It's cool beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment